ABOUT SPECTRAL SCIENCES INC.
Spectral Sciences, Inc., a small, employee-owned business dedicated to innovation and excellence in basic and applied research for 33 years, seeks highly motivated and talented individuals with a strong background in the physical sciences. Research and development areas include remote sensing, atmospheric radiative transfer, combustion science, computational solutions in chemistry, physics and fluid mechanics, molecular modeling, energy management, 3-D and spectral scene modeling, electro-optical signatures analysis, tomographic imaging and development of electro-optical instrumentation to support phenomenological studies and new measurement concepts.
SSI offers competitive salaries, stock ownership, and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested individuals are invited to send their resume in confidence to Human Resources, Spectral Sciences, Inc., 4 Fourth Avenue, Burlington, MA 01803-3304 or to email@example.com.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US and have all credentials necessary to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
Positions Available at SSI
The successful candidate will work independently or with a team of scientists and engineers on remote sensing projects to improve sensitivity of spectroscopic and image sensing algorithms in the presence of noise, distortion, aberration, turbulence and other factors. Develop sensor and phenomenological models that embody physically accurate signals and backgrounds. The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working independently and in small groups to develop ideas that meet customer needs, assisting in solicitation of funding, and carrying through phases of development from concept to prototype.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS CONSIDERED:
Research Scientist – Computational Chemistry and Fluid Dynamics
The successful candidate will work with SSI Scientists on a variety of projects in modeling, data analysis and algorithm development. The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working independently and in small groups to develop ideas that meet customer needs, assisting in solicitation of funding, writing proposals, and carrying through phases of development from concept to prototype. Typical projects include leveraging high performance computing capabilities to simulate real events and comparison with available measured data or development and integration of key physical models within parallel software.
- An M.S. degree in engineering (aerospace, electrical, chemical) or the physical sciences (physics, chemistry, atmospheric sciences, optics) plus 3 years work experience.
- Demonstrated ability in computational fluid dynamics, development and application of continuum and rarefied simulation models, and/or integration of chemistry and physical models within large-scale simulation.
- Experience should include a deep understanding of fundamental physical models, data analysis algorithms, and/or sensor concepts involving remote sensing for aerospace, industrial, or medical applications.
- Knowledge of one or more object-oriented languages, such as Fortran 90/95 or C++, and experience in creating and running code in these languages on a variety of serial and parallel platforms, in particular on Linux and Windows platforms.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS CONSIDERED:
- A PhD and Post-Doctoral experience are highly desirable and count towards experience.
- Proficiency in current methods of mathematical modeling of physical phenomena.
- Experience in Python, shell scripting, MATLAB, IDL, and Unix command line tools.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in team building, customer relations, technical marketing, and proposal writing.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.